The extension registries have evaluated that specific domains names have a higher value for those who are interested to copyright them, therefore, they are prized and have a high demand. That’s why they are classified as Premium Domain Names:
- they are usually short, simple and easy to remember.
- they are consisted of keywords with have a high search volume.
- they enable a precise and effective branding for the company compared to other domains.
- they are considered as having a high investment value for whoever copyrights them.
- they have a proven strong web presence.
- they have steady traffic rates.
For all the above reasons, Premium Domain Names are provided by registries to a price that reflects their value and belongs to a higher billing category compared to other domain names with the same extension.
Therefore, the registration and renewal price for Premium Domains is higher than for other domains.
The registration cost is standard for most domain names. However, the registries classify certain domains in a higher category compared to others and name them Premium Domain Names. Premium Domains belong to a different billing category compared to other domains with the same extension and usually, the registration and renewal cost is superior. Classifying domains in the Premium Domain category depends on the registry.
The research, registration and renewal process of a Premium Domain Name, the payment method and the management those domains isn’t different from any other extension.