If your Mailbox is full and you can’t receive other emails, you need to connect to your webmail service and delete older emails or emails that you don’t need, in order to free up space and have the incoming emails function properly again.
You can find deleting instructions for Horde (A) and Roundcube (B) below.
A. If you use horde mail, take the following steps:
1. Type webmail.yourdomain.gr in your browser and press enter.
2. You will be asked to login with your username, your email account and the password that you chose when creating it in Plesk.
3. Click on Mail.
4. Check the box on the left of the email that you want to delete in the inbox. Once selected, click on Delete and you will see that it is crossed out.
5. Finally, click on Other, on the right side of the central window, above the date of the message and click on Purge Deleted. This way, the message will be deleted permanently.
Note: If you horde asks you to make your mailbox bigger in order to be able to delete emails, you must contact our technical support team.
B. If you use Roundcube, take the following steps:
1. Log into your webmail service with your access information (full email address and password).
2. Select the email that you want to delete and do Shift + Del.
Note: If Roundcube asks you to make your mailbox bigger, so that you can delete your emails, you must contact our technical support team.
If you manage your emails through a mail client such as Outlook Express or Microsoft Outlook, you can set it so that once downloaded to your computer, they are deleted instantly or after a defined amount of time from the server.
- If you use Microsoft Outlook and POP3 email accounts.
1. In the Tools menu, click on Email Accounts.
2. Click on View or change existing email accounts and, next, click on Next.
3. Select your Internet Service Provider account (ISP) and click on Change.
4. Click on the tab Advanced in the section Delivery, select Copy messages on the server.
5. Select the following:
5.1 Delete from server after x days (the emails are downloaded on your computer, however they remain on the server for as many days as you have defined)
5.2 Delete from the server once deleted from the 'Deleted’ folder (the emails are downloaded on your computer but they also remain on the email server for an undefined amount of time, until you delete the email in Outlook and empty the ’Deleted’ folder)
6 Click on OK and then click on End.